Canyon High School hosted its first Fine Arts Signing Night for six seniors who have signed letters of commitment to continue to pursue their passions in music, theater and art at the collegiate level on Friday, April 30.
Family, friends and teachers were on hand to celebrate this milestone, and the evening was capped off with performances by these talented students.
Four of the six will be continuing their studies in music while one will continue in art and another in theater.
- Ryli Brace, University of North Texas, music composition for piano
- Jasmine Browning, Texas Lutheran University, music theory and classical piano
- Madeliene Coronado, University of Texas at Austin’s Butler School of Music, music education and music therapy
- Mariah Mattson, New York University’s Steinhardt School of Music, classical voice/opera performance and minor in musical theater. Mattson is one of only 16 students in the country to be accepted to the prestigious program at NYU.
- Isabella Hogue, University of Texas at Austin, visual arts with plans to be a high school art teacher
- Ericca Mahaffey, Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi, theater education with plans to be a high school theater director, following in the footsteps of her mentor, CHS teacher and theater director Carter Ridge.
-Canyon High School seniors signed letters of intent to continue their passion in the arts during the first Fine Arts Signing Night April 30. Pictured from left is Ryli Brace, Isabella Hogue, Jasmine Browning, Madeliene Coronado, Mariah Mattson and Ericca Mahaffey.